Translate

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Reminder to Self: You're a Sweaty Bastard

Dear Diary,

7:30am: I leave my hotel.

  • I walk 3/4 mile with my messenger bag.
  • I spend 30 minutes perusing the air-conditioned supermarket* (post to follow!).
  • I walk 3/4 mile home with my purchases - carrying one bag and another in my messenger bag.
8:45am: I return to my hotel.

RESULTS:
NEVER FORGET HOW SWEATY YOU ARE, BEN.
No, I didn't have my long sleeves down all the way. This is a work shirt, and I like to have long sleeves on. (Short sleeves make me feel weird, and I like to roll up my sleeves to show people how I can get serious. I was wearing a tank underneath. I guess I didn't need this shirt at all, really, but I did look nice when I left the hotel!)

Did I even realize it? No. I did not. It just felt like air. Because everything here is always the most humid I have ever been. It wasn't even 85 degrees out yet, for crying out loud. IT WASN'T EVEN NINE AM. Thank god I got Almond In Snow ice cream on my trip. And water, also water.

Did I ask for eternal summer? I guess I did. Delivered! Who's going to have to recalibrate his wardrobe to not look like a walking pool all year round? This guy.

*And I didn't even freak out or have a panic attack! AND I FOUND TP! But I forgot to buy another towel. Oh well, another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for speaking up! :) - Ben