It's been a long time since I've addressed you, dear reader, of that I'm acutely aware.
Ultimately, I'm so happy I took a year away from documenting my life. I underwent some big internal and external changes this year, and I feel like I'm coming out of the forge much better for it. It would have been weird to go completely dark, so here I am again. And I come armed with so, so many thoughts... :)
In the time since we last spoke (and keep in mind there are old blog posts yet to be re-published), I:
- Did the Ha Giang loop with my cuzbro Chris!
- Got a new job teaching Kindergarten!
- Hated my job!
- Traversed the mid-south by motorbike!
- Visited Chicago, and went to a wedding!
- Went to Laos!
- Saw Chris and Anya and their beautiful baby!
- Missed a whole lot more weddings! Was kind of a dick about it!
- Got hired (possible dream job?!)!
- Got fired (Not the dream job!)!
- Went to Bali! Got a new passport! Cried in front of the military on my way out of the country!
- Started a private business!
- All adult students!
- Got hired again, big company!
- Somewhere in here I learned to floss my teeth regularly!
- Learned how to network! Uf da, god, I hate this so much.
- Turns out the job is perfect for me!
- Oh, but the national bank is so bad...!
- New methods of teaching! Technology Points +100!
- Glenda and Cathy visited, we traveled, and I re-discovered what I love about this country...
- ...and I'm fired up about Vietnam, once again!!
Thanks for stopping by! Sorry to be a bit of a tease... if you're looking for some of my old posts, check out the calendar history. Over 200 posts await your nostolgia-starved brain-holes.
Taken collectively, that's the epic backdrop for the Story about to be told here... on abenabroad.
Dun dun dunnnnnn...!
Stay Tuned! So glad you're here! :)