Translate

Monday, July 15, 2013

My Bedroom is Like a Third-World Ocean Fairytale

[UPDATE: The walls are white! There are posters hung! A new homemade light fixture! And... no more finding nemo shades! We feel positively grownup about it all.]

In all the ways that my bedroom is like living in a deep sea children's insane-asylum - the pink coral-colored walls, the Finding Nemo windowshade, the charming children's sheets on the charmingly-sized twin bed made of plywood - the LED lights are by far the oddest feature (yeah, let's stick with 'feature'):




They're not... bad, really (in fact I use them at night all the time, because I like the low, indirect light), but they causing my brain to wrinkle if I think about them too much. I mean, someone went to the trouble to hardwire them in. And if that's not significant to you, look at how they connected the router:

Don't even get me started on the wiring in this house. That black wire
is connected a roll about 25' long that's just taped to the wall.
These walls and floors are concrete and brick! Nothing's easy here!! Someone cared about this room's deep sea motif SO MUCH that they wired the damn things in. This... I just... I can't even.

So I try not to think about them. But I definitely had to post about them.

3 comments:

Hi! Thanks for speaking up! :) - Ben