Translate

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Guest Post: Meet Tâm!

[Note: This is Tâm! She's going to be doing a few guest posts about life in Vietnam. Please say hello, and when she posts her longer pieces, don't forget to ask followup questions!! She's super friendly and a pretty cool person. :)]

How I Met Ben

Hello everyone. My name is Minh Tâm – it means a good heart in a spiritual way. It is my honor to have a chance of making friends with Ben and his friends as you guys. 

Let me introduce myself a little bit. I’m 20 now and I’m a sophomore at Finance – Marketing University. My part-time job is to manage some houses which are rent by foreigners from different countries.

Ben and I met in the beginning of July when he became one of my customers. At that time, he opened the wooden door and we greeted warmly with a firm handshake - “Oops, his hand is far bigger than mine”. So, we have known each other in such a simple way. ^^

After having a short talk on the terrace in a Tuesday night, we came up with the idea that I would write a number of posts about both Vietnamese general public and things in Vietnam. I hope that you find them interesting due to some of different cultural patterns between the two countries that may bring many exciting things in our lives. 


See you soon.

3 comments:

  1. How are classes going, Tam?
    Why did you decide to pursue finance and marketing?
    How long do you expect your studies to take?

    Do you have many hobbies or interests in common with Ben?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mistopia.
      Thank you for your interest in my post. ^^

      Actually, classes in my University are quite well-organized even though they follow traditional ways of studying. It means that chairs and tables are arranged in rows and 4 students will be sitting in each row. Most of us are studying quite passively unless there are some physical and mental games in which we can get some rewards including lollipops and cheese stick biscuits. Sometimes, the lecturer punishes us, which an easy question is answered incorrectly, by forcing the "culprit" to sing a song or to have chicken dance & Gangnam style. ^^

      I'm studying in a university of Finance-Marketing but my major is English for Business in which i study everything in general. Simultaneously, after 2 years in Uni, i read a series of books by Robert Kiyosaki and has got a great inspiration from the millionaire. As a result, i'm interested in finance.

      I love to have an MBA for my higher education. Perhaps, it will take me another period of 3 years.

      Regard my hobbies or interests in common with Ben, i believe we got some. We both love nature, reading books and writing. ^^

      So how about you Mistopia? Do you like to travel, especially to Vietnam?

      Thank you so much again for your questions.
      Nice to meet you.

      Delete
  2. Tam,

    Your university sounds enjoyable, from the delicious rewards to the humorous punishments. :)

    What kinds of books do you enjoy? What do you write? Journal entries, poems, and/or stories?

    I do enjoy traveling, but I haven't made it out of the U.S., yet. I'm hoping to remedy that, next summer, with a visit to Vietnam. I already have a small savings set aside for it.

    It's nice to meet you, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for speaking up! :) - Ben