Translate

Monday, June 3, 2013

International Relations


We've all got our own 'Continuing Adventures' going on in our lives all the time, and I want to stay on top of all the important things going on in each of your lives. This post will be about the art of International Communication!

I like writing letters, and in recent years have even gotten better at reading and responding to them! (I know, it's such a novel concept.) But whether it's a letter or postcard in the mail, or a text, phone call, email, or video call, I want to hear from you, and I'll want to reach out, if for no other reason than using English words with other English speakers will keep me sane and grounded in an strange culture.

So here is a list of the various ways and methods you can get in touch with me. If you'd like to connect via any of them and don't know my details, use the contact form in the sidebar to send me an email and we can work it out.

In short... Let's be friends!


Facebook - www.facebook.com

It's not my favorite, but it's not the worst (yet). You know I'm going to stalk you anyway! You can find me on Facebook at abenabroad@gmail.com. I'm on again/off again, but I try to check in at least once a week.

Viber - www.viber.com/

This is a free iOS (and Android?) app that let's you call, text, or send pictures to other people using the app. I've been using it and I like it a lot. The call quality seems pretty good... call me and we'll try it out together! I'm listed under my 312 number.


Skype - www.skype.com

The famous video-call software is pretty great (at least on the desktop, I haven't tried it from a phone)! IM, phone calls, and video calls are absurdly easy to use. It seems to start up slow and occasionally freezes, but it's a Microsoft product. Make of it what you will. Email me for my Skype ID and I'll add you.

Email and Gchat

Use the contact form at left for my blog email, or use my personal email if you know it. I will hopefully not be more than a day behind email at any time (while remembering that I'll be 12 hours ahead of Chicago). You can depend on this for a speedy answer if you need it.


Text or Phone

You can still use my old phone number! Text me anytime and I'll be back to you as soon as I get it! However, the other phone options (Viber, Skype) seem to have better long distance voice quality than Google Voice. Fair warning.

Letters, Postcards, Crates of Mac 'n Cheese

I don't know my permanent address yet, but I should have an apartment within two weeks. Email me if you've got anything you want to send and I'll distribute that info as I know it. Not that I'm suggesting you send anything in particular, now... ;)

EDIT: I know have a permanent address! Please message me if you'd like me to send it your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for speaking up! :) - Ben